Sunday, January 15, 2012

The 10-Year Anniversary

May 11, 2012 will mark 10 years since Becky and I were married.

Having never had a honeymoon, and with only having a handful of days of "vacation" in that span, I decided I wanted to do something special with Becky to celebrate a decade of marriage.

So, San Juan, it is.

Becky has a project coming up that will nearly pay for a 4-day, 3-night stay at a beachfront resort. The rest, we'll save up. That's the good news.

The bad news is that, last I heard, beach resorts were a place where bathing suits were the norm. Swimming with a t-shirt on is alright when you're 12 and at summer camp, but not for people in their mid-30's.

This blog, as often as it'll be updated, will focus on our quest to slim down for the beach, get ready to travel, and to discuss our adventure. Really, it's just an excuse to talk about how excited we'll be as we get closer to May.

That reminds me...anybody wanna watch a couple kids??

No comments:

Post a Comment