Sunday, January 29, 2012

SIX Pounds Up

Yesterday's Weight: 287.6
Today's Weight: 293.2


I'm at a loss for words. I have no idea what's going on, here. Here's a look at my Diet yesterday, including a few possible red flags:

1,840 calories (vs. 2,260 suggested)
263g of carbs (vs. a suggested 311g) <
38g of fat (vs. a suggested 75g)
132g of protein (vs. a suggested 85g)
5,800mg of sodium (vs. a suggested 2,500) <
19g of fiber (vs. a suggested 30g) <

Some things to note, here.

CARBS:  I'd been eating about 150g of carbs daily last week. So, even though I was still well under the 311 I'm trying to avoid, I was over 100g above what my body had been taking in. Maybe it's rebelling against the carbs by holding them in?

SODIUM:  No way to sugarcoat this one. That's way too much salt for one day. But even so, is it enough to bring my weight up six pounds overnight?

FIBER:  All the online calculators say I should be eating 30-35g a day. Looking at my food intake last week, I see that I haven't had over 20g once. Is it possible I'm just not processing my foods because I'm not providing my body with enough fiber?

I don't know what the answer is. My body is known for it's odd fluctuations, but normally in the amount of 2-3 unexplained pounds. Nothing like this. It's put me in a bad mood, as seeing that 293 on the scale was something I'd put behind me after dealing with it for days on end last week. I had to fight hard to get my weight to drop, and now I'm right back there fighting again.

And I didn't even get to enjoy a dish of Sesame Chicken, or four slices of Meat Lover's pizza to get me there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you posting again. Maybe with all of the sodium, you are holding onto water weight?

    ReplyDelete